Welcome to Garrett County!
The westernmost county in Maryland, Garrett County is known for its active, outdoor lifestyle, four seasons, and relaxed pace embracing family and community. The county offers a ready workforce, modern infrastructure, abundant recreational opportunities and natural resources, attractive incentive packages, and an ideal geographic location for servicing the Northeast, Midwest, and Southwest U.S. regions.
Building sites are available in the McHenry Business Park near the Garrett County Airport and the Keyser's Ridge Business Park on I-68. The technology incubator, located on Garrett College's campus, provides the perfect place to start or transition your technology-based business and houses a 4,050-sf SCIF.
We feel Garrett County has just what you're looking for - strategic location, reliable/affordable labor, unmatched quality of life, and a friendly business climate. We invite you to explore Garrett County and see first-hand what we have to offer. Please contact the Office of Economic Development, Garrett County Department of Community Planning and Development, at (301) 334-1921 or JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING , if you wish to discuss a business location in Garrett County or if you would like further information.
--Economic Development Staff
- The Importance of Deep Creek Lake
- Sustainable Transformation of the Appalachian Region (STAR Report) - Sept. 2012
- Economic Development Update - September 2012 (as presented at Business Before Hours)
- Garrett County Broadband Study - May 2012
- GARRETT COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PLAN
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PLAN SUPPLEMENT/PROCESS DESCRIPTION
- Garrett County Brief Economic Facts
- Garrett County Census of Agriculture - 2007
- Garrett County Fact Sheet
- Garrett County Demographic & Socio-Economic Outlook
- Maryland Economic Census - 2007
- Maryland Statistical Handbook - 2011
- U.S. Statistical Abstract - 2012
Newsletters from the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development:
Newsletters from Governor Martin O'Malley:
Newsletters from Congressman John Delaney:
The latest news on Deep Creek 2014:
GET ADOBE READER--follow this link to download Adobe Reader to view our reports and brochures.